Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Number Format

Hi all,

I used below dax for formatting the QTY values. 

New Qty = IF(Table1[Qty] = INT(Table1[Qty]),
FORMAT(Table1[Qty], "#,#"),
FORMAT(Table1[Qty],"#,0.00"))

its fulfill my requirement visually,  but "new QTY" comes as a text Format 
how can I archive this?

Thanks
Sac

5 REPLIES 5
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Select the measure in the right overview of tables, then go to tab Modelling and change the data type. In the below example i've selected 'UserID' and the data is shown as type Text.image.png

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Try to change the Data Type of New QTY from Modelling tab to "Decimal".

Don't forgrt to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my dax - im converting 'my numbers into the following format

that is the main requirement to fulfil but with this dax number convert to text itself

so I need to get it only number format with mention requirement 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do the answers make sense? If so, kindly accept the helpful answers as the solutions to close the case please. More people will benefit from here. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is caused by the function of FORMAT which converts a value to text according to the specified format. You could show the values with the formula "New Qty". But if you want to calculate, you could use the original column. For now, there is not a good idea to get conditional formatted numbers directly.  You could vote the ideas up to get the feature fixed quickly.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15231165-conditional-formatted-measures-using-switch

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18003598-number-formatting

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.