Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s_nambaru
Frequent Visitor

Number Filter visualisation like text filter visualisation

Hi ,

I have requirement to apply a "Number filter" like we have "Text filter" optoin in power bi desktop to directly pass the number manually. As the client is much familiar with invoice numbers he is dealing with.

The storage Mode for 

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @s_nambaru,

You can directly add the numeric field into a slicer, and select a value from slicer to filter visualization.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Niekert7

What worked wonders for me is to simple duplicate the column of data set to numbers you want to filter on. Set the duplicate to text and use the textfilter on that column.

krisiana

Hi,

i have used this solution and it's work for my dashboard 🙂

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @s_nambaru,

You can directly add the numeric field into a slicer, and select a value from slicer to filter visualization.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Can we add a search bar for this slicer with numeric values??

Thanks

This is not solved! 

I'm looking for the same outcome as the original poster. The ability to enter a number into a field for filter selection without the use of the slider (min/max). A long list of numbers swamps the slicer's page memory.

There is a Filterlist by DevScope in the Marketplace which will solve this, but no where near as elegant as the MS slicer.

Yeah, I have the same feeling.

None of the options I saw so far solve my issue.

Thank you for the reply.

The slicer you have suggested is that ,we can either use list /dropdown/between options in the slicer where we cannot enter the single number manually into the slicer. 

As i mentioned before ,my user is familiar with the invoice numbers which he is dealing with.So he is expecting a slicer which the invoice number can be manually be entered and get data out of it.

Thanks in Advance...

I'm having the same issue. It seems number fields cant be used with the text filters search box.

You could create a new column and cast the number as text and use that,

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the best solution but to make it work on Direct Query dashboards, in which you're not allowed to use CONVERT,FORMAT or CAST functions, you can use this workaround.

Create a new column like this = CONCATENATE("", [your_int_field]) and bind the Text Filter component to that column.

Hope it'll help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.