Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fallrains
Frequent Visitor

Null latitude & longitude showing on Map

Hi There,

I have put a number of address with latitude ang longitude on a Power BI map, they are all non USA address.

Those rows with null latitude and longitude should not be showing on the map, and it is workinging fine in power BI desktop. However, after I upload them into workspace, those null latitude and longitude are all showing on the map in USA.

What is the problem here?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
fallrains
Frequent Visitor

Finally, I have found the solution.

I have change the name of those rows with null longitude and latitude.

1. "Unknown", all rows appeared in USA.
  2. "Non-Specified", all rows appeared in Vietnam.
  3. "Unspecified", all rows not appeared on the map.

VietnamVietnam

View solution in original post

@fallrains in your Power BI Online, can you go to the specific report, click on "Edit" then go to the visual causing the problems.  The "Edit" view will look like Power BI Desktop and let you do some of the filtering like in Desktop as well.

When you click on the visual, go to the Filter pane, click on Latitude and remove blanks. Repeat the same process for Longitude.

I also recommend that if you have Latitude and Longitude that you do not use Address other than as a Tooltip. Lat and Long are very accurate and it is only distorted when Address data  is added as well.

I trust once filtered or once Address is removed, this will resolve the issue.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fallrains
Frequent Visitor

Finally, I have found the solution.

I have change the name of those rows with null longitude and latitude.

1. "Unknown", all rows appeared in USA.
  2. "Non-Specified", all rows appeared in Vietnam.
  3. "Unspecified", all rows not appeared on the map.

VietnamVietnam

Hi @fallrains, I am glad you found a solution to your post but am not sure how the solution you entered links to the problem you provided in the post?

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

I do not know, I am testing the soulution that you provided, to see what hapening.

Thanks

fallrains
Frequent Visitor

@TheoC , Thanks for you reply, however, and it is not working at this stage.

@fallrains in your Power BI Online, can you go to the specific report, click on "Edit" then go to the visual causing the problems.  The "Edit" view will look like Power BI Desktop and let you do some of the filtering like in Desktop as well.

When you click on the visual, go to the Filter pane, click on Latitude and remove blanks. Repeat the same process for Longitude.

I also recommend that if you have Latitude and Longitude that you do not use Address other than as a Tooltip. Lat and Long are very accurate and it is only distorted when Address data  is added as well.

I trust once filtered or once Address is removed, this will resolve the issue.

@TheoC Thanks, this is the best way.

@fallrains no need to thank me at all!  The great thing about Power BI is that there are so many ways to achieve a positive outcome.

All the best with your Power BI journey! 🙂

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@fallrains can you try to close down all your web browsers, republish to Workspace, then open new browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.