Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Webs
Regular Visitor

Null Value columns not diplaying in power bi table - Can'r display the visual

Hi There,

I have been experiencing problems with the pwer bi graphics. I am connected to an cube (SSAS), and trying to visualize the data. When selecting certain columns of a table that has nulls, I get the following error "Can't display the visual". So I understand I may need to filter the query. When I use is or is not I still get the error. However if I use contains or starts with (since  in this case all data begins with the same text) it seems to be working. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks DP

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Webs,

I have tested it on my side, I can show the column that has nulls on Table visual without that error.

Could you click "see details" on the error to see the detail error message and post it here?

e1.PNG

In addition, could you post your table structure with some sample data which can reproduce this issue in this case? It's better to share a sample pbix file.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had a few different errors (Last being the attached photo, which I will address, as it refers to memory). If the problem persists, I will find out if I could post the table structure as it contains sensitive info :(.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Webs

Capture.PNG

Webs
Regular Visitor

Hi,

This is the error i get. I am selecting columns from the same table, when I select CSA I get an error. Now if I filter the column and search for all values except for null, a dataset is returned.

If I import the data, instead of connecting live, it works with nulls.

Not sure what is going on, will increase memory and take it from there

Capture2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.