Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JAcqui

Novice needing help with changing the background of the report

My (now left) colleague created a multi page dashboard and it has the company logo in the top RHS and the corporate colours down the LHS. I need to change the logo because of a rebrand, but i don't know how. can anyone offer some guidance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JAcqui , @dcrow5378 ,

If it is loaded as a Canvas Background, you should have the name of the document.  Hopefully it is filed somewhere you can access it.  Then you just need to modify this file with the new colours and image and re-upload it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@JAcqui ,

Let's try to deal with the Logo first.

I usually insert it as an image.

rsbin_0-1661528449884.png

Are you able to click on it or select it?

Another way is to view the Selection Pane.  Select your View Menu, then click on the Selection icon.  You will get a list of all the objects on the page.  Something like this:

rsbin_1-1661528609992.png

Hoping your colleague may have renamed it to logo or something similar.

Thanks for your thoughts, it looks like my colleage used canvas background rather than the way you suggest it could be done. I will try to delete the canvas and load a new one. I am very nervous as I am an absolute beginner chucked in at the deepend and don't want to mess up this report.

@JAcqui , @dcrow5378 ,

If it is loaded as a Canvas Background, you should have the name of the document.  Hopefully it is filed somewhere you can access it.  Then you just need to modify this file with the new colours and image and re-upload it.

You can create a new image in Power Point then select all images and Save as Picture.  Then upload to the image section I mentioned before and change Image fit to Fit.  Super Simple

Thank you all so much for your  help on this.

Thats wonderful, it works !! i'm such a child with this !!

It has amended the page I was on. I assume I have to do each page seperately as it has only done the one page (i'm being a bit lazy late on a Friday afternoon).

Nice!
Yes, I think you have to change on every page.  You can create a theme, but I believe that is a little more involved.

dcrow5378
Helper II
Helper II

If this is a report, you can click in a blank section of the report canvas, format page, then remove the Image from the Canvas Background.

dcrow5378_0-1661528422096.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.