Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

November(2017) update cannot connect to data model

Hi,

Since updating desktop to the latest version as of 11/9/2017 I tried to switch data source of one my reports to a test version of the same model. This process has worked well before. However this time, upon switching the live connection to the test model, no data came through and all of my visuals broke.

I have tested on colleagues computers who have not updated and they have confirmed that the test model and report work perfectly.

I have also rolled back to the October update of Power BI and again, everything works perfectly. So we seem to have isolated the problem as being something (at least) to do with the November 2017 update.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? How do I escalate this properly?

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have also experienced this issue when changing data connections after installing the November update. I copied the error and it is very ambiguous

Error Details:
An exception of type System.InvalidOperationException occured.

It broke every visual in the desktop file. Interestingly enough, when I published the file with the broken visuals to the service it worked perfectly in the service. I then saved the broken file and reopened it and my visuals started working again.

Hopefully the above is helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.