Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

November 2016 Update - Map Legend Colors DO NOT match on Map

Hello PBI Team,

after the November 2016 update  - the colors of a Map Legend no longer match what is displayed on the map!

This seems to happen only when a DATE field is used for the Legend!

Simple to test - 1 table 3 columns

State - Value - Date

Florida - 100 - 9/1/2016

Texas - 300 - 10/1/2016

California - 200 - 11/1/2016

This is the result. It gets very confusing with the real world data... Please fix soon! Thanks!

2016 November Update - Date Legend.png

Thanks!

ISSUE:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues/suggestions/17289035-november-2016-update-map-legend-...

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Sean

Thanks for the clear steps. I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally.

I’ll post in Issues forum once I get any update for it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft Thank You for bringing this Issue to their attention and for your reply here

"The fix should be available on 1/16/2017 for Service and 2/6/2017 for Desktop.

Please check it later."

I hate when people complain in this forum - but Wow that's 55 days from today! (67 days from date Issue was Reported)

Yes there's a workaround basically use FORMAT(Table[Date], "...") and format anyway you want to display the Date as Text and

then everything is fine! But don't forget this was NOT even an issue before the November Update everything was fine! Smiley Sad

BTW for anyone following this - the Facet Key Visual still doesn't work with dates either Smiley Sad

@Sean

I don’t get any information about when will the Facet Key visual support dates. But the related team are looking into adding this ability.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Apparently the Issues forum has been been moved so here's the new post

Issue

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Nov-2016-Update-Colors-of-the-Map-Legend-no-longer-match-what...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.