Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pratk30
Advocate I
Advocate I

Nov Release Power Bi Desktop

Hi Folks,

I have build some reports from Desktop using SPO list.

Now i have update Power Bi desktop and updating same report(Refresh) getting some error :

Release:
November 2017

Product Version:
2.52.4921.461 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

Error Message:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Stack Trace:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

Can you please help me with this. Do i need to revert back on previous version of Power Bi Desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We just released a QFE for the Desktop November release. Please go to the download center and download the latest. We've also updated the Windows Store app with the fix. Sorry for the trouble. 

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
sivanagamahesh
Regular Visitor

Hi,

This month restrictive organizing gets a noteworthy refresh with the capacity to control the shading in view of standards. In the event that you have a moderate information source, there are report choices that assistance constrain the quantity of inquiries that are sent to the source. At long last, a few designing highlights, including cell arrangement for table and grid, and exact control over the request of covering outlines on your report power bi.

Administer based restrictive arranging for table and framework

Cell arrangement for table and network

Control visual requesting through the choice sheet

Bolt protests on your report

Esri Plus Subscription is accessible for ArcGIS Maps for Power BI

Report choices for moderate information sources

Sifting execution changes

As of late discharged custom visuals

Picture Timeline

Interpersonal organization diagram

Venn outline by MAQ Software

HTML watcher

Investigation

Cell-level organizing for multidimensional AS models for multi-push card

Information availability

Impala connector – bolster for Windows Authentication

Inquiry altering

Include Column From Examples enhancements

rvgfox
Helper II
Helper II

Another error:

With a connection to a SSAS multidimensional database if you change the database (development <-> production) there're an error.

With the October version it works.

hmedinaa
Frequent Visitor

Loooks like we all have the same issue since we installed the Novemver 2017 Power BI Desktop Update

I have same issue with reports using SSAS

I have uninstalled the November version of PBI Desktop and installed the previous, all my reports are working good when refreshing

Neither working on the latest windows 10 powerbi app, had to get back to october release just because of ONE .pbix that doesn´t want to work. Have no clue what does it have in particular. If someone needs the october release let me know.

Hi,

all our reports won't refresh in the Nov release with a message saying it's trying to write protected memory. I found a machine with October release still on it and it works fine. How can I copy the PBI from that machine onto mine?

Hi @trevor 

With the novemeber version it works for me. 

The only problem it's that I need to coles and open again when I change the data source.

Another November update?

• The Falty
  • The Fixed
  • The ??

Anyone knows anything about this last one?

The faulty version is 2.52.4921.581 64 bit (November 2017) if that helps.  MS Tech Support are onto it.

It's solved with the version 2.52.4921.682

But there're new problems in the desktop version and in the service, for example withe the matrix visual.

Sadly, that version doesn't work for me either. Current thinking seems to be that it's a problem with the ODBC driver.

I don't think so, I have problems to connect with this version to. Somebody has the power Bi desktop october update? with this version I will solve my problem.

Thanks.

my e-mail:  jereyes@prodigy.net.mx

We just released a QFE for the Desktop November release. Please go to the download center and download the latest. We've also updated the Windows Store app with the fix. Sorry for the trouble. 

Hi there, can you please indicate which version was used for the QFE?

Strangely enough i have only one out of 5 CRM SQL connections not able to refresh with exactly the error as described.

My corporate version currently is: 2.52.4921.461 32-bit (november 2017)

Can you please tell me what i can do to resolve the issue?

The problem appears to be with the Firebird connector.  I am told it should be fixed in the December release.

Hi,

I'm using 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017) version and I've not seen the issue after I updated with the latest Nov 2017 release.

However I'm using only SQL Azure DW as datasource.

You can try the latest version and check if it works with CRM.

I downloaded the latest release yesterday (16 Nov) and it gives a memory error every time I refresh any dataset. Same datasets refresh fine under October release. None of our PBI reports work any more.

Thank you @kimani!

The new update is working good with SSAS

Thank you @kimani!

I tested at home on one file but my important files can only be updated at the office, so I will give it a try on Monday.

I hope it works fine because I always like to use the most updated version to be in sync with the online service and get the latest updates.

The October verion also had a glitch when copying tables to paste in Excel for instance. Luckly someone told me a workaround that was insteed of using CTRL + C I should use the copy button on the ribbon. I hope that is fixed too.

This particular glitch of November was very serious and prevented lots of people from updating their files, which was not good for the platform. I always defend and promote Power BI at my company because I really think it is amazing.

Best regards...

PG65
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @kimani!

I haven no problems any more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.