cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuser Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Nov Release Power Bi Desktop

Neither working on the latest windows 10 powerbi app, had to get back to october release just because of ONE .pbix that doesn´t want to work. Have no clue what does it have in particular. If someone needs the october release let me know.

Moderator kimani

We just released a QFE for the Desktop November release. Please go to the download center and download the latest. We've also updated the Windows Store app with the fix. Sorry for the trouble. 

pratk30 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

It's haapening with reports having SPO list as source.

zapppsr Member

Thank you @kimani!

I tested at home on one file but my important files can only be updated at the office, so I will give it a try on Monday.

I hope it works fine because I always like to use the most updated version to be in sync with the online service and get the latest updates.

The October verion also had a glitch when copying tables to paste in Excel for instance. Luckly someone told me a workaround that was insteed of using CTRL + C I should use the copy button on the ribbon. I hope that is fixed too.

This particular glitch of November was very serious and prevented lots of people from updating their files, which was not good for the platform. I always defend and promote Power BI at my company because I really think it is amazing.

Best regards...

PG65 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @kimani!

I haven no problems any more.

Highlighted
hmedinaa Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @kimani!

The new update is working good with SSAS

rvgfox Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Another error:

With a connection to a SSAS multidimensional database if you change the database (development <-> production) there're an error.

With the October version it works.

trevor Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I downloaded the latest release yesterday (16 Nov) and it gives a memory error every time I refresh any dataset. Same datasets refresh fine under October release. None of our PBI reports work any more.

trevor Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

all our reports won't refresh in the Nov release with a message saying it's trying to write protected memory. I found a machine with October release still on it and it works fine. How can I copy the PBI from that machine onto mine?

rvgfox Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @trevor 

With the novemeber version it works for me. 

The only problem it's that I need to coles and open again when I change the data source.