Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not enough memory

Hi all,

I know that this topic has been discussed here several times and I have already read many things about it and I tried to adjust my PBI report accordingly. In all cases where it was possible, I changed Calculated columns to measures and deleted unnecessary data.

But my problem is that this error message started showing me in my report only today, even though I did not change anything in this report. I used the same data, even tried shrinking it, still the same error.

I looked at the size of my file and I also looked in Dax studio which measures consume the most memory. But the file doesn't look too big, so I don't see why it shouldn't work

Size of my .pbix is not more than 150 000 Kb. And Total size memory in Dax studio shows not more than 500 000 Mb.

Any ideas ? Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

During the refresh, I had TASK MANAGER open and I found out that my memory (RAM) was used to more than 100% and that's why I got the error message "Not enough memory".

I want to ask another question about this topic. If I update this report on a computer with 32GB of memory, will it be possible to open it on a computer with 16GB of memory?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

i checked TASK MANAGER while refreshing my .pbix. Thi is is how it is looks like 

This is how it looks at the beginning of the refresh. Microsoft Mashup takes the most memory

Mashup.PNG

after some time Microsoft SQL starts to increase and takes up the most memory

SQL 1.PNG

and this is how it looks at the end. Then the error message "Not enough memory" just pops up

SQL 2.PNG

archuleta28
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Just to share - I had a similar problem like yours some time back. Optimizing model/measures did not work for me either. Surprisingy, updating my Power BI to the latest release solved this issue and the report worked fine for me then after

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try to optimize the model or optimize the dax function.

For more details, you can read related document: Best practice rules to improve your model’s performance | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI , How to Optimize Power BI Reports: Power BI Best Practices | by MAQ Software | MAQ Software | Medium , Optimizing DAX expressions involving multiple measures - SQLBI

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.