Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

rnwg47

Not able to save changes in customized themes using Power BI Desktop

Hi All, 

I am creating a customised theme for my report in PowerBI. In that theme I have set theme colors, background colors, border radius and many other parameters through the customize theme option (View -> Customize Current Theme). Below is the screenshot for the same:

rnwg47_0-1675902282554.png

I also change the parameters for individual visuals through the Selection-> Format Visual options as stated in the screenshot below:

rnwg47_1-1675902551360.png

While changing I have set the paramters in the customized theme only.

While saving, I save the current change and then save the current theme by overwriting the existing one. 

Below are the issues I am facing:

1. The parameters which I change for e.g background color do not get saved and I see a the previous color for the visual when I reimport the theme for the same report.
  2. Everytime I reimport a theme, I see that a paramter where I did not make any changes has changed. For eg, the color of a bar graph is changed even when I did not change it. 
  3. The customize theme paramteres are not saved and the previous ones are there even when I saved them.

Can I please get some help on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rnwg47 , if you have already changed color at the visual level then it will not pick up the theme colors. Try to reset that to default and then check.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drumroll
Regular Visitor

did u manage to figureout the issue to resolve this? I have the same issue. thanks

No not yet. It still persists.

rnwg47

@amitchandak : I tried out your suggestion, but its not working out for me. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rnwg47 , if you have already changed color at the visual level then it will not pick up the theme colors. Try to reset that to default and then check.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.