Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to publish more than 1GB power bi file to on premise Report Server

Hi,

I am posting this again in the community and expecting to get answer from you guys,

I am not able to publish more than 1GB  power bi file  to Report Server it's giving error file too large.what should i do to upload it.should i upgrade power bi desktop license to premium per user or is there any workaround for that.

I would highly appreciate if some guide me about power bi desktop and report server licensing.both are same or diffrent.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the limit in Power BI Report Server is 2 GB.

But you have to raise it in the settings. Check the following article on how to do that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/archive/blogs/sqlrsteamblog/setting-a-maximum-file-size-in-sql-server-2016-reporting-services

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @selimovd  and @ribisht17 for helping me out.
@selimovd  I will check and let you know in case of any issue or if i need any further help.

@Anonymous 

Check this as well 🙂 Try limiting rows when creating reporting for big data in Power BI - YouTube

Regards,

Ritesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure @ribisht17 i will look into that.Thanks alot.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the limit in Power BI Report Server is 2 GB.

But you have to raise it in the settings. Check the following article on how to do that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/archive/blogs/sqlrsteamblog/setting-a-maximum-file-size-in-sql-server-2016-reporting-services

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

1: >>>

"The standard limitation on the dataset size cached in Power BI is 1 GB. But with Power BI Premium, we will be removing that limitation. You will be able to build models as large as the Power BI Premium dedicated capacity memory can hold. This means that the Power BI Premium P3 SKU will be able to support a dataset with 50 GB of data or more, and upcoming SKUs will offer capacity sizes that allow datasets with hundreds of gigabytes of data"

2>> 

You will need to switch to DirectQuery.

3>>

Reduce your data-model size if possible

I don't see any other option here

Regards,

Ritesh

>>How to Publish Files Greater Than 1 GB - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.