Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akg1421

Not able to expand/get Person Group column in Powerbi from SharePoint Online Task List

Trying to get value of Assigned To column of SP Online Task list in Powerbi. Go to Edit Query > Click on Expand to New Rows... but it fails with message "No columns were found"

5EkpL.png

Then there is another column ParentID with rows populated as Table and it is next to AssignedTo. When I expand it new columns are created and ParentID.AssignedTo is also created but it reads Error. Error message reads: "DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Specified method is not supported.)"

pHNr9.png

WLGN7.png

What is the issue? I require to show Assigned To display Name in a visual... (Tried with 1-calculated column which is not allowed, 2-WF to update Text column with Assigned To info but WF cannot be fired simultaneously for 200+ items)

JzZPJ.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akg1421  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akg1421 ,

Please try to delete the data source (File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings->Clear Permission) and reconnect to see if it works.

Or upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version 2.75.5649.582 , and try it again.

You can refer to the similar cases:

Power Query (Power BI) and SharePoint Lists

DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Se...

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I believe AssignedTo is also found under FieldValuesAsText. Try expanding that as well. We do a lot of work with SharePoint sourced data. 

Hope this helps!

--Treb

Check out our Power BI blog posts at https://marqueeinsights.com/blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.