Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanielCLE
Regular Visitor

Not able to enter Data source credentials - Schedulet refresh fails

Hello,

I have been working with a dataset, at it has allowed me to do scheduled refreshes earlier.

However now, after adding a web data source it prompts:

DanielCLE_0-1603094823463.png

I am not able to do the scheduled refresh and i cannot edit data source credentials.

How do i fix this?

Why is this problem occuring?

I have cleared the cache in the PBIX file, updated my credentials for the SQL server data, but when I publish and try to refrens in the Power BI web service i get the above error.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielCLE , has the problem been solved? If not, I have some questions.

Q1: Do you use an on-premises data gateway? If you do, is it a gateway of standard mode or personal mode?

Expand Gateway Connection above Data source credentials and choose an appropriate gateway first. If it is a personal-mode gateway and click Apply after choosing it, then you will be able to see Data source credentials turn activated and editable. If it is a standard-mode gateway, you will probably find it cannot be choose because the data sources haven't been added to this gateway correctly. Then you can click the gear icon to go to the manage gateway page and check which data source is not added to the gateway correctly. You can edit the credentials here if it needs to be updated. ( Reference documentations: link 1 , link 2)

10212.jpg

When the data sources are correctly configured, it should be able to configure Scheduled Refresh.

Q2: What's the web data source added to the dataset? 

If it is a webpage data source, you may also need to add it to the gateway and map it to the datasource in dataset settings. Or you can try this method to avoid add it to gateway.

10213.jpg

Please let me know if these are helpful.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielCLE , has the problem been solved? If not, I have some questions.

Q1: Do you use an on-premises data gateway? If you do, is it a gateway of standard mode or personal mode?

Expand Gateway Connection above Data source credentials and choose an appropriate gateway first. If it is a personal-mode gateway and click Apply after choosing it, then you will be able to see Data source credentials turn activated and editable. If it is a standard-mode gateway, you will probably find it cannot be choose because the data sources haven't been added to this gateway correctly. Then you can click the gear icon to go to the manage gateway page and check which data source is not added to the gateway correctly. You can edit the credentials here if it needs to be updated. ( Reference documentations: link 1 , link 2)

10212.jpg

When the data sources are correctly configured, it should be able to configure Scheduled Refresh.

Q2: What's the web data source added to the dataset? 

If it is a webpage data source, you may also need to add it to the gateway and map it to the datasource in dataset settings. Or you can try this method to avoid add it to gateway.

10213.jpg

Please let me know if these are helpful.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Hi @v-jingzhang 

Q1: Didn't use a gateway what so ever - Will try this on for a fix.

Q2: Simple webpage - I figure that the gateway approach will fix.

Will mark as solution if it fixes.

Thank you

Br

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.