Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chandra
Frequent Visitor

Not able to connect to Oracle Database. please help

Hi,

I have to connect to Oracle DB and my credentials are correct (SID) as I was able to connect it using another tool. When

I am trying to connect PowerBI to Oracle Database, I am finding the following problems. 

1) I tried to install the ODAC and got the following error that I need to install Visual Studio first. See screen shot #1

2) Then I downloaded Visual Studio community (is this correct application?) from visual studio website (screen shot #2)

3) when I tried to install visual studion community the installation stopped working abruptly (I troed multiple times) see screen shot #3 below. 

ODAC Installation error.pngVisual Community exe file.pngvisual studio installation error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chandra,

Which version of Power BI Desktop you have installed? You need to install 32-bit version or 64-bit version accordingly.

To determine which version of Power BI Desktop is installed, select File > About then check the Version.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-oracle-database/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chandra,

Which version of Power BI Desktop you have installed? You need to install 32-bit version or 64-bit version accordingly.

To determine which version of Power BI Desktop is installed, select File > About then check the Version.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-oracle-database/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

chandra
Frequent Visitor

Hi

When I am trying to connect to ORacle DB from PowerBI, I am getting the following errors. (My oracle DB credentials are working find as I am able to connect to the DB using another tool)

1) I downloaded ODAC and tried to install it asked me install visual studio first...and getting the following error screen shot #1

2) I downloaded visual studio community (Is this correct application?). See screen shot #2

3) When I tried to install visual studiok, it aburptly stopped working (tried many times). screen shot #3

I am running an Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise) OS.

-ODAC Installation error.pngVisual Community exe file.pngvisual studio installation error.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.