Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Not able to connect Postgres SQL database from Power BI

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Postgres db from Power BI. But getting the following error.

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'" I have installed the ngpsql data provided but still not luck. Also restarted the laptop.

error9.JPG

Regards,

Akash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Actually the latest version of npgsql has some bug which will be fixed in the next release. When I installed older version (4.0.3) it worked fine.

Regards,

Akash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akj2784 ,

It sounds like your software has missed some libraries, please try to fix your software environment first.

Get Power BI Desktop

Connecting Power BI To PostgreSQL

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Actually the latest version of npgsql has some bug which will be fixed in the next release. When I installed older version (4.0.3) it worked fine.

Regards,

Akash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.