Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stuartcoggins
Frequent Visitor

Not able to click OK in 'Mark as date table' dialogue box

Hi there,

Hope someone can help with this. I have a Power BI file where all my data sources are DirectQueries. One of these DQ data sources is a date table I have created in Snowflake. I have tried to mark the data source as a date table in the usual way, but am getting this strange issue:

stuartcoggins_0-1638958821180.png

As you can see, I have chosen the Date field within that date table, and it has told me that it's been validated successfully. But it doesn't allow me to click OK to finish the process. Is there a possible issue with my dataset or could this be a bug?

For context, I have gone down this route as I had several different issues with creating a date table within Power BI itself. If using an external date table in Snowflake is a bad idea for some reason, I'll post another question on those issues with date tables within Power BI itself.

Many thanks,
Stuart

Edit: I should add that this issue seems to happen with either 'Date' or 'Date/time' as my Date field's data type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@stuartcoggins,

Try setting the storage mode of the date table to Dual. You do this in Model view, Properties --> Advanced --> Storage mode.

You can read more about Dual mode here:

https://prologika.com/understanding-power-bi-dual-storage/ 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@stuartcoggins,

Try setting the storage mode of the date table to Dual. You do this in Model view, Properties --> Advanced --> Storage mode.

You can read more about Dual mode here:

https://prologika.com/understanding-power-bi-dual-storage/ 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks so much, @DataInsights , that is exactly what I needed. It now allows me to click OK. Many thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.