Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinesh
Employee
Employee

Not able to add a data source with ODBC connection on on-premise gateway

I want to specify these two setting when connecting to a database: 

multisubnetfailover=True;applicationintent=ReadOnly

I'm using an ODBC connection to connect to the  databaseand the connection string looks like this:

driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};server=XYXServer;database=MyDatabase;multisubnetfailover=True;applicationintent=ReadOnly

Im able to use the connection string similar to the above to connect and access the data in the PowerBi Desktop and build my reports. Issue is when I use the same connection string to add a ODBC DataSource to the Enterprise gateway(From the manage Gateways page) it fails with the below error.

Error:

Version:

Underlying error code:

Underlying error message:

The 'Driver' property with value '{SQL Server Native Client 11.0}' doesn't correspond to an installed ODBC driver.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ClientLibraryName:

SQL Server Native Client 11.0

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:

Odbc

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vinesh,

You can refer to below thread about how to configure the odbc data source:

Enterprise Gateway with ODBC

In addition, why don't you directly get data from sql datasource? Sql connector was higher performance than odbc driver.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, that didn't help.  The issue still exists. Are there different formats of the ODBC connection strings for PowerBI Desktop and the Enterprise Gateway?

Hi @vinesh,

>>The 'Driver' property with value '{SQL Server Native Client 11.0}' doesn't correspond to an installed ODBC driver.

Based on your error message, the issue is related to odbc client version, please modify it to the current installed version.

Reference link:

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver connection strings

Check the ODBC SQL Server Driver Version (Windows)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.