Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

digambar
Regular Visitor

Not able to Connect to power bi Dataflows through PBI Desktop getting error.

Not able to Connect to power bi Dataflows through PBI Desktop getting error.

I have access to PBI Pro license but still only Dataflows are not able to connect

Error ScreenshotError Screenshot

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @digambar ,

It seems your account aren't logged in through desktop.
Please login before trying to connect dataflow.

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am logged in to my account & am able to connect to any other datasets except this one. I tried logging in & out multiple times. My organization reassigned license & I did uninstall & reinstall PBI desktop but error did not go away.

PSB screen capture. Error.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @digambar ,

It might be a Login issue, please reach your desktop support team to fix this. 
Once you signed in you'll get the message like below..

Dataflow.PNG

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

do we have any contact details for Microsoft desktop support team? or wich team are you referring to?

hi @digambar 

If other user could connect the dataflow well?

and if you could try it in another PC to see if it could work well.

and please check that

Power BI users who installed the August or later versions of Power BI Desktop may encounter issues signing in to the Power BI service through the desktop application. As a workaround users can follow the steps in this guide " https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#installing-power-bi-desktop-on-rem... " to extract the MSI from the downloadable package, uninstall existing package and re-install using the MSI executable. Power BI Engineers are working on a fix and it will be packaged with February 2020(SU02) release of Power BI desktop.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

and if you still have the problem, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help from power bi support team.

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My desktop support team has no clue whats going on. Any help would be really appreciated if any settings /configuration needs to be changed. Since Uninstall & reinstall did not work out so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.