Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NKotak_Leecare
Helper III
Helper III

Not able to Add 'id' field to a card visual

I am trying to add Id field in fields value for a card visualisation. However, I am not able to add it for some reason. I tried changing the data types of id field. I have kept it as 'Whole Number'. But it contains null value. I am not sure if that is the reason I can't add it in the card visual. So, I replaced null with '0' value but i am still not able to add the Id field to a card visual.

The same thing is happening when I try to add Id in x-axis or y-axis. It won't let me add Id to any of the axis.

Any tips or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nidhi

5 REPLIES 5
Arul
Super User
Super User

@NKotak_Leecare ,

how you want show Id in card field needs to be considered here. So can you share screenshot of actual and expected output?

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

@Arul Thank you for your response.

I would like to have the count of Id in the card. So below is the snapshot of it working previously and the error that is throwing right now.

bedpk card.pngerror card.png

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers!

@NKotak_Leecare ,

It seems you have changed your column name in underlying dataset. Please check it once if not close power bi and re-open it sometimes it works due to some bug....

Thanks,

Arul

LinkedIn

@Arul 

I have tried that but the name is not the issue. As i took a new card visual and tried to add the Id field in it but it won't let me. However, if I take a table visual and add the ID it lets me do that. Once I display it using table visual, I changed the visual to card and it worked. I still don't understand why it won't accept 'Id' field in card like before.

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

@NKotak_Leecare ,

If you can share sample data that would be great to see the issue and help.

Thanks,

Arul

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.