Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Opening the dashboard because of PRO content

Hi,

I created dashboards and published to the Power BI server and my account is PRO. I shared dashboard within the organization where they don't have PRO account, when they opened the dashboard its popping up dashboard contains PRO content, hence upgraded it to PRO.

Does it mean everyone has to upgrade to PRO?

Thanks,
Thimma

7 REPLIES 7
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The good news is Power BI now has a new Pricing model which means you will soon be able to author your content with your pro licence and publish so that users in your org can view without needing a pro licence.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-accelerates-modern-bi-adoption-with-power-bi-premium/

Until then if your report contains any of the following, your users will need Pro

https://gqbi.wordpress.com/power-bi-free-vs-pro-infographic/

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Phil, but what would be the Premium price? If my dashboard contains PRO, then every user has to go for Premium. Row Level security is more important for some customers and if they have 500 users. then 500 Premium licenses.

I haven't seen any pricing on Premium? any rough estimation per month?

Thanks,

Thimma

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not 100% sure on pricing.  I will follow this update very closely 🙂

But I do like this aspect 

"Power BI Premium enables Power BI Pro users to publish reports broadly across the enterprise and beyond, without requiring recipients to be licensed per user."

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us wait for the updates and how many times I can keep extend Power BI Pro 60 trail version? One or multiple times?

I've seen it extended a few times, and there is a 1 year trial offer as part of this mornings announcement.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Changes-to-the-free-Power-BI/May-3-announcement-overview/m-p/167395...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

so basically I keep extending till May 2018 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Summarizing May 3 announcements from this thread prospective:

Power BI Free will have all the functionality as Power BI pro and restricting sharing option and collaboration features to only Power BI Pro users.

--As we discussed in the thread If any dashboard has PRO functionality like Row level security, R Visuals / Workspace creation Email Subscription etc..a Power BI free guy can't see at this moment, but this won't be a problem from June 1st onwards as posted my Microsoft.

Power BI Pro still extendable until May 2018, but a bit harsh on terms and conditions.

Thanks,

Thimma

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.