Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Enough Memory Error

Hello Community, 

I have a connection to Amazon Redshift where I am pulling in 7 tables. 

I have been using this report for the last 7 months, and it has been working just fine. 2 days ago, I go a memory error error, which I believe is due to an Index that has been added. When I remove that index from the advanced editor, the report refreshes. However, the visualization references the index so when it's deleted it breaks. 

Here is the error: "Failed to save modifications to the server. There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there is a more memory available. 

Is there a way around this? 

Here is the code: 

let
Source = 

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(d365_sql_inventqualityorderlineresults1, "sort_source", each if [testsequence] <10
then
"0"&Number.ToText([testsequence])&[qualityorderid]&Number.ToText(999999.0-[time])
else
Number.ToText([testsequence])&[qualityorderid]&Number.ToText(999999.0-[time])),
#"Sorted Rows1" = Table.Sort(#"Added Custom",{{"sort_source", Order.Descending}}),
#"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Sorted Rows1", "Index", 0, 1)
in
#"Added Index"

1 REPLY 1
gckcmc
Resolver I
Resolver I

depending on the size of the DB, you're doing a bunch of string concats for what are otherwise numbers to get to an index.  Can you keep an index pure and just a 1,2,3,....?  This will likely save on cycles.

I get the memory errors when I try and do really big operations that are CPU expensive on big DB's....so filter the size of the DB down, or reduce the complexity of the operation. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors