Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Normalized area map

Hi

i'm trying to show density of "people" events per region and it works perfectly fine. The issue however is that these events are not normalized with the density of the population with the region. So for example I have a lot of events in highly populated areas, while few in lower populated - but it might be that we have more events compared to the population.

I have two tables:

Data table: one row per event, with region as a column

Density table: one row per region, with the population in that region as a column

I can easily show the map, but how do I show the normalized map?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

So here is what I've done with your data : 

I've created Table1

ID	EventID	Country
1	12334	USA
2	5678	Italy
3	9545	USA
4	4585	France

And Table2

Country	Population
USA	360000000
Italy	60000000
France	67000000

They have a bidirectionnal filter between them

Then I create a calculated Table3

Table3 = SUMMARIZE(table1;Table1[Country];"Number of events"; counta(Table1[EventID]);"Event/Person";Divide(counta(Table1[EventID]);sum(Table2[Population])))

And add a bidirectionnal filter between Table2 and Table3

Then I add a map and here what It looks like : 

Country.PNG

USA is more faded because it has more inhabitants than France and Italy (both of these country have between 60 and 70 M inhabitants so the color is almost the same)

You need to add Event/Person in the saturation color field and then add Number of Events in the tooltip area (the bottom one called Info-bulles on my screen) so that the end-user can still have it.

- Quentin

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.