Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jansenuy
Helper I
Helper I

Noob help: week value, rolling gauge, and KPI

I need to create a measure with a rolling (moving) target based on the week. For example:

Weekly sales target is USD 5000 and it has to total to 5000*52 at the end of the year. Using a guage (because I do not know how to use the KPI Man Sad), the maximum value should be higher every week 5000 + 5000 + ... so on per week. This way, we could see how much is our rolling sales gap as we progress in the year.

Is there like a variable for current week number that is automated so I could just use

Rolling Target = var*5000

lol I'm just  looking for a simple way to do this.

Also, why is target value smaller than maximum value when I put my measure? Sidenote: can you also teach me KPI? 😞

Thanks in advance. I'm such a noob.

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@jansenuy wrote:

I need to create a measure with a rolling (moving) target based on the week. For example:

Weekly sales target is USD 5000 and it has to total to 5000*52 at the end of the year. Using a guage (because I do not know how to use the KPI Man Sad), the maximum value should be higher every week 5000 + 5000 + ... so on per week. This way, we could see how much is our rolling sales gap as we progress in the year.

Is there like a variable for current week number that is automated so I could just use

Rolling Target = var*5000

lol I'm just  looking for a simple way to do this.

Also, why is target value smaller than maximum value when I put my measure? Sidenote: can you also teach me KPI? 😞

Thanks in advance. I'm such a noob.

@jansenuy

You can try

Rolling Target = WEEKNUM(TODAY())*5000

To get further suggestion, please post some sample data(for time saving , please post it in plain text or a file sharing link) and expected output.

Thanks! That worked. But, what if I want to filter data to last week?

Is this correct?

FILTER('Master Data','Master Data'[Week]=(WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1))

But my chart is displaying an error.

@jansenuy wrote:

Thanks! That worked. But, what if I want to filter data to last week?

Is this correct?

FILTER('Master Data','Master Data'[Week]=(WEEKNUM(TODAY())-1))

But my chart is displaying an error.

@jansenuy

What is the exact error message? the filter looks correct.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors