Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Non-Dev Chart(Common Date Table)

Hi Guys,

Kindly help me on this long pending issue where I want to create a graph like below showing both the closed and open tickets together. I have created a common date table but somehow I'm not able to get correct data.

Expected Graph : 

Himanshu_13_0-1624518178552.png

Below is the link for a sample PBIX file where you can see the created and closed tickets seperately giving correct info but when combining the data is not correct. 

Kindly help in rectifying the same as its an urgent issue for me now.

Regards,

Himanshu

PBIX Location  :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1St6rjBw3PKmcD5yl_EorxRzoY-rVz9QY/view?usp=sharing  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually got the solution using the userelationship measure and by linking the month year number with the date tables month year number. It was not working with the Date and the sample file shared by you was also not fully correct.

But finally found the solution 🙂 and the graph looks perfect now.

Measure used:

no of tickets by closed date = calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('devops-query-spr2'[Work Item Id]), userelationship('devops-query-spr2'[Closed Month Year Number], 'DAX Date Table'[Month Year Number]),'devops-query-spr2'[Tags Type] = "NON-DEV")

Himanshu_13_0-1624545662964.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , few changes were need. Both Dates has timestamp. So created dates without time stamp.

Join both with date tables. changed one measure to use close date.

Only corrected the first visual on left.

Please find file after signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually got the solution using the userelationship measure and by linking the month year number with the date tables month year number. It was not working with the Date and the sample file shared by you was also not fully correct.

But finally found the solution 🙂 and the graph looks perfect now.

Measure used:

no of tickets by closed date = calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('devops-query-spr2'[Work Item Id]), userelationship('devops-query-spr2'[Closed Month Year Number], 'DAX Date Table'[Month Year Number]),'devops-query-spr2'[Tags Type] = "NON-DEV")

Himanshu_13_0-1624545662964.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.