Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

No username login asking when Get Data from SQL Server

Why there is no login entry after I try to connect to SQL Server ?

I choose Get Data -> SQL Server -> key in the server name and database, and that's it. Error Authorization.

FYI, I'm login already but it's meant to be different username and password to connect to my SQL Server.

rgds,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior

It looks like you have an issue when you connect to SQL database in Power BI desktop, right? 

Please click on Data Sources Settings -> Global Permissions, find the SQL server instance which you are trying to connect to, click on Edit Permissions to enter you desired credential. Then click on Get data -> SQL server database to get data again. 

q6.PNGq5.PNG

If you want the Power BI desktop to ask you enter credential when connecting to SQL server database, you can click on Clear Permissions in Data Source Settings for this data source in advance. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior

It looks like you have an issue when you connect to SQL database in Power BI desktop, right? 

Please click on Data Sources Settings -> Global Permissions, find the SQL server instance which you are trying to connect to, click on Edit Permissions to enter you desired credential. Then click on Get data -> SQL server database to get data again. 

q6.PNGq5.PNG

If you want the Power BI desktop to ask you enter credential when connecting to SQL server database, you can click on Clear Permissions in Data Source Settings for this data source in advance. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks this solution worked @v-qiuyu-msft @admin_xlsior 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.