Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gronga

No solution yet...

I have the following problem:

I have a record with order numbers and various other details such as production date, work area (No. 1-10) etc. in a table 1 (not a matrix but tables visual)
I filtered this data record because I'm only interested in work areas 1-3. Is there a way to create a second visual table next to it that refers to all order numbers from table 1, but uses different filters?

Explanation: In the data record, the order numbers sometimes appear more than once, since they had several production steps and can therefore appear in work areas 1-10 with different production dates. I hope you understand what I mean. The problem in this case is that I can't filter multiple times in a row. I either filter by work area 1-3 or 4-10. Both at the same time does not work and I have not found a solution so far.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gronga ,

You may learn about the interaction among visuals.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

As shown in the following example, the table on the left contains the working area 1-3, and the table on the right cancels the interaction with the left table, and the work area 1 is filtered out separately.

The two table visuals both come from a table.

27.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gronga ,

You may learn about the interaction among visuals.

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

As shown in the following example, the table on the left contains the working area 1-3, and the table on the right cancels the interaction with the left table, and the work area 1 is filtered out separately.

The two table visuals both come from a table.

27.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, you can have different visuals pointing to the same source data using different visual level filters. The moment the user interacts with one of the visuals (say, by clicking on a cell) the other visual may be affected (unless you disable interactions).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.