Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sportynick
Frequent Visitor

No presentation mode in Power BI Desktop

Hi experts,

Seems that the .pbix file needs to be uploaded to Service before i can open it in presentation mode in the Power BI app. There is no option to open in presentation mode without uploading the file. Sometimes, i create files for others and want them to see it without outlines around the boxes, filters etc. when they hover the mouse over. Seems that there is no option for this, unless they buy a Power BI Pro license and upload file to Power BI Service?

Is there a way for them to see the pbix file in Power BI Desktop without the box outlines and three tabs on upper right of each visual / filter?

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sportynick ,

The presentation mode is only available on the service however you can simulate the presentation mode on the bookmark pane on the top you have ADD and View if click the view you will get the presentation view howevwer since you are on desktop you will not get the full screen better you can do is minimize all panes.

But as refered presentation view and full screen are only truly available on the service.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sportynick 

I doubt there is any such option with desktop, Fullscreen and presentation are available with published version only.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.