Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michael95677
Helper III
Helper III

No option to sort by date column ascending in visual

I have a date column (has the calendar next to it but not sure what that means) and in the visual I want to sort from next closest date to furthest date. It's only pulling in the next week's data. In the table it lets me sort but in the visual there is no option to sort asc or desc. 

Also for each day it shows I want to be able to click the "up down arrows" and have it show the visits per provider for each date but not sure how to set that up in the Axis and Values etc. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It wasn't working. Turns out what got it to work was chaning the Type in the Y axix to Categorical and then it ordered correctly. Thanks for the reply. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @michael95677 ;

So your problem is solved? I have tested it and it is true that you can change it to Categorical in Y-axis, or add a Categorical 1.2.3... , sort by
If so,Would you mind accept your replies as solutions?More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, still figuring out the correct protocols here. Thank you. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@michael95677 , In three-dot on the visual you have the option to choose the axis or values column.

A axis column can sort ascending or descending. Or it can work based on the sort column

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

It wasn't working. Turns out what got it to work was chaning the Type in the Y axix to Categorical and then it ordered correctly. Thanks for the reply. 

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, as you can see, this is not working.  I cannot get the order to reverse and have column sort selected and there are no options for me to do anything by clicking the elipsis in the upper right corner. 

powerbi_date_sort.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.