cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g_l_dixon
Frequent Visitor

No option to download visuals from Marketplace in desktop and can't see apps when go to

Hi,

I'm trying to go to the marketplace via visualizations> ellipsis, but I can't see th option to go to the marketplace. 'Apps' also won't load when I go to the non-desktop version (thought maybe I needed to download the app.)- it just keeps saying 'nearly done', despite other things loading that I'm using on my computer (so it's not a dodgy internet connection or similar) 

I'm on a pro account - are apps not available to me, possibly?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @g_l_dixon,

Can't you see this option?

vxulinmstf_0-1631000400358.pngvxulinmstf_1-1631000417606.png

I am on the same version and it runs fine.

vxulinmstf_2-1631000438567.png

Maybe you can try to reinstall Power BI  Desktop and check, sorry for the your bad experience.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@g_l_dixon So you don't see:

Greg_Deckler_0-1630761233939.png

?

If you go to File  | Options and settings | Options and then Diagnostics, what version are you running?

Greg_Deckler_1-1630761348668.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop! Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
YouTube Channel! Microsoft Hates Greg
Check out my latest book!

@Greg_Deckler hi,

I can see the 3 dots, but when I click on it I don't have th option of marketplace. I'm running version

@g_l_dixon You don't see "Get more visuals" when you click the ellipses? Only thing I can think of would be if maybe a group policy had been set by your IT department to prevent this functionality?

As a work around, maybe try downloading the pbiviz file? Business Apps – Microsoft AppSource

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop! Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
YouTube Channel! Microsoft Hates Greg
Check out my latest book!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.