Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No longer able to copy text box

After the new update (May update), I realised text boxes can no longer be copied by pressing Crtl + C. Is this intentional or is it a bug?

Edit: I managed to copy them by pressing both right and left mouse button together on the text box to "hold" it, then press Crtl + C. This definitely looks like a bug to me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - I am using the same version and it it working for me. One problem with text boxes is that if the cursor is blinking, Ctrl+C will perform a copy of the text (nothing) within the textbox. If you click one of the "visual sizers", and then click Ctrl+C, it should work.

Cheers,

Nathan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it looks like this bug was not fixed for the June release. Is there any word on when it will be addressed?

bdmichael09
Helper II
Helper II

I'm also having this issue now. I noticed that the second you push the Ctrl key, Power BI basically acts as if you clicked inside the text box and the curser will start flashing in the text box. Doesn't matter what you do (your work around doesn't seem to do anything for me).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdmichael09 - Which workaround doesn't work? did you try the accepted solution?

@Anonymous I actually tried your accepted solution before I started searching forums to see if this is a wider issue, no dice. The second you push Ctrl on the keyboard, the cursor starts flashing in the text box as if you clicked inside the box. I also tried the solution in the edit to the original post where he said to use left and right click on the mouse simulataneously and then try to copy the box. At this point I'm resigned to this is a glitch with the update and just hope Microsoft gets around to fixing it quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I encountered the same problem. Regardless of where I click in the text box (edge or inside), the visual is not copied. I tried your trick of holding down both the right and left mouse button but that did not work for me.

Fortunately, I still have the April version installed on another machine I use and there are no problems copying text boxes there. I hope this is fixed in future versions though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - I am using the same version and it it working for me. One problem with text boxes is that if the cursor is blinking, Ctrl+C will perform a copy of the text (nothing) within the textbox. If you click one of the "visual sizers", and then click Ctrl+C, it should work.

Cheers,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.