Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No dax formula is working after december update

Hi

I updated my power bi desktop in december. When i opened my application no dax formula is workinga and data is empty

Can anyone help ,thanks in advance

see there is no data shown and above is the dax formulasee there is no data shown and above is the dax formula

Thanks

Vamsi

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Vamsi,

Can you verify the version of the Desktop? The latest is Version: 2.65.5313.841 (December 2018) for now. Please upgrade the Desktop if yours is lower than that. 

I'm afraid this isn't caused by the new version of Desktop. It could be caused by the new data. 

1. Please sort the columns to see if all the values are blanks. 

2. Please try to add a new column with the same formula to see what would happen.

3. Can you share the file? Please mask the sensitive parts first.

No-dax-formula-is-working-after-december-update

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Currently my version is 2.65.5313.701 . I'LL try to update and get back to you.

Thanks

Vamsi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I thought the error as version of power bi but the error is all my dax formulas are written in such a way that

last six months data = month(today()) - 6 like that but when it coming to january 2019 it is unable to getback the data in 2018.

can u suggest to get through that problem. Thanks in advance

thanks

Vamsi

Hi Vamsi,

There could be several ways. Please try out these solutions below.

CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]), DATEADD('calendar'[Date], -6, MONTH))

CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]), DATESBETWEEN('calendar'[Date], TODAY(), EOMONTH(TODAY(), -7) + 1))

If they can't help, please provide the formulas at least. A sample could be good.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

last six months = CALCULATE(COUNt(Sheet1[Number]),AND(month(Sheet1[Opened].[Date]) <= (month(today())-1),month(Sheet1[Opened].[Date]) >= (month(today())-6)))

see in the above i made the formula here it is not recognising the previous year 

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you create an independent date table and establish a relationship with the table [Sheet1]. Then you can use the time intelligence functions.

1. Create a Calendar table.

Calendar = calendarauto()

2. Try this measure. 

last six months =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( Sheet1[Number] ),
    DATESBETWEEN (
        'calendar'[Date],
        EOMONTH ( TODAY (), -1 ),
        EOMONTH ( TODAY (), -7 ) + 1
    )
)

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I thought the error as version of power bi but the error is all my dax formulas are written in such a way that

last six months data = month(today()) - 6 like that but when it coming to january 2019 it is unable to getback the data in 2018.

can u suggest to get through that problem. Thanks in advance

thanks

Vamsi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors