Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anthea
Frequent Visitor

No data showing in visuals although it is in Query Editor

Example visual that I try to create - it recognises headers from the source file but no dataExample visual that I try to create - it recognises headers from the source file but no dataThe data is recognisable in Query editorThe data is recognisable in Query editor

Hello

I have uploaded a new xlsx file (same as all my otehr data sources) and although the data looks fine when I view it in Query Editor, the moment I go to create a visual it recognises the column but none of the data underneath it. I read some posts about re-starting and re-freshing, and re-loading the report - I have tried all of these but still have teh same issue. Can anyone help?

Example attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check if you have a page or report level filter you are not seeing. If you are using a regular visual from power bi and not a custom visual, then I think it could be a bug. Please update your Power Bi Desktop to the lastest version August 2019.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you explain what is "Sales@ OP rate"? you should know that if you have a measure returning blank, any time you add that measure with another column, you won't see it. In this case Current Business field.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the response. IN teh query editor this column has a value (I checked and there are no blanks) so that shouldn't be causing an issue here as far as I can see (I have similar dashboards from similar reports where I use Sales at OP rate across geographies and businesses and it isn't an issue). IN addition if I add a slice it recognises teh column I am pulling into it but also contains no data to select from

Is sales op a measure or a column? If it's a column, is it on the same table of the other column? if not, can you send us the data model?

To be sure if you have data, check it on Data View. Edit query can be tricky because is not showing the exact data you are using to work with visualization.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Capture.PNG

Yes I just checked in the Data view and all columns are complete . Sales @OP is a column nad it is in the same file (so I assume the same table?) as the other columns

Ok. Column it is. Are ou sure you have the values on the visualization aggregated like this:

Screenshot of the chart, Visualizations pane and Fields list with Sum called out.

You may have it in "Don't summarize"

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

This is what I have

Capture.PNG

You have a lot of tables right there. Are you sure the fields of the visualization are on the same table? it seems like they are from two tables that are related but there is no match between them.

Can you tell us the name of the tables containin the columns and how they are related?

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Capture.PNG

These are on the same table:

What do you mean by the name of the tables and how they are related?

Check if you have a page or report level filter you are not seeing. If you are using a regular visual from power bi and not a custom visual, then I think it could be a bug. Please update your Power Bi Desktop to the lastest version August 2019.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thank you for the support, this is now working

@Anthea ,

Is there any value when you drag the column Sales @ OP into a card visual?

Greetz,

Ronald

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Right clickand check aggregation for sales measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.