Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No colour saturation

I do not have colour saturation in any visualizations. For example, in filled map, I only have "Location", "Legend", "Latitude", "Longitude", and "Tooltips". Anyone have any ideas how I can add colour saturation in?

I downloaded the PBIDesktop_x64 version. Thank you for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
Owen

Colour Saturation exists in SHAPE MAP  visualisation.

The Shape map visual is only available in Power BI Desktop and not in Power BI service or mobile. Since it is in preview, it must be enabled before you can use it.

To enable Shape map, select:  File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview Features, then select the Shape map visual checkbox. You'll need to restart Power BI Desktop after you make the selection.

When you drag your Shape Map to your Power BI Desktop Report Model, this is what you will find

Owen_0-1648823125065.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

In filled map, to change the color saturation of the map based on data, go to the Format section, then in "Data Color" and click on "fx" under "Deafault Color".

You'll have this screen to change color saturation based on one of your fields:

m455y_0-1634629367155.png

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What is your version number? File | Options and settings | Options | Diagnostics

I am on 2.63.3272.40461 64-bit (October 2018) and it has the Color saturation for Filled Map just under Longitude and just above Tooltips.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Looks like color saturation is missing from November version for Filled Map.

Latest book!:

They changed it, it is now in the Formatting section:

Color saturation on visuals upgraded to use conditional formatting

For quite a while now, we’ve had two different ways to dynamically color a visual’s data points depending on the visual type. Our charts had a color saturation option in the field well that gave you basic controls, and the table and matrix visuals had conditional formatting. We’ve added a ton of functionality to the conditional formatting experience for table and matrix over the last year, but the color saturation feature for cartesian charts hasn’t received much love.

That has finally changed this month, as we’ve upgraded all the visuals that previously used color saturation to have the same conditional formatting experience as table and matrix currently has. This means you’ll have access to all three types of formatting currently available: Color by color scales, Color by rules, and Color by field. As mentioned, this change impacts all visuals which previously had color saturation which includes:

• All variants of column and bar charts
  • Funnel chart
  • Bubble & filled maps
  • Shape map (preview)
  • Treemap
  • Scatter chart

With this upgrade, you’ll notice the color saturation bucket is no longer in the field well. Instead to format, you’ll go to the Data colors card in the formatting pane. Here you can format with the color pickers as normal or select the Advanced controls option to launch the conditional formatting dialog.

clip_image025

Once there, you can use any of the three conditional formatting options and select OK to apply the formatting.

clip_image027

And that’s it! The conditional formatting colors will apply on top of whatever formatting you already have through theming and manually picking through the color pickers.

clip_image029

Latest book!:

I cannot find the "Advanced Controls". any idea what can I do?

Imagem1.jpg

OK, my Shape Map still has the color saturation (November). My Filled Map has the new way of doing things. I think there is a typo in article that says Shape Map instead of Filled Map.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Color saturation is missing from Treemap only on desktop (2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November 2018))

While it is still visible on service version. Non of new table/matrix like features are added within Data colors so it is imposible to get colors based on data from desktop version only.

vs 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this issue be resolved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.