Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No YTD value when no Actual

Hi All,

please help me in this case!

YTD.JPG

As you can see I calculate actual amount value than YTD value drilled down by customer and item number. As you can see there is only the values where is actual month value (date selector), and it not shows the values for that item numbers when there is no actual amount for that month only just YTD amount. Like the first row, YTD amount is 131 and I'd like to see that YTD values for the item numbers also if it's no actual month data for those item numbers like in this example!

I use the measure like: TOTALYTD(sum(sales'amount');Date'month')

And its working fine until I see it for th customer but after I drill down until item numbers it's like on the picture above!

Many thanks in advance!

Mate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done it with some relationship change betwwen this and the Date table!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Maksm

Sorry, could you please let us know what exactly you did with relationships? I have similar problem when ytd (for expl ytd july) amount per client (high level is calculated correctly) but details per item are missing (because this amount consists of items which were done in june and 0 in july).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done it with some relationship change betwwen this and the Date table!

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

unfortunately I can't share my data, but if you have any idea how to show YTD values for a month for the category if there is no actual month data for that category I would be thankful!!

Mate

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ,

It is difficult to understand your problem without looking at the data (sample data is also OK, no actual data needed).

how to show YTD values for a month for the category if there is no actual month data for that category

So if there is no actual data available for particular category then how can we see YTD values?

Do you want to show blank line if data is not available instead of not showing that category?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors