Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mahendar
Frequent Visitor

No OLE DB Error Information found

Hi  All,

We have created visuals using Azure Analysis as Source (Live Connection) . Visuals are working for some filter options but when i change the filter options I am encountered with below  error .  If any one face similar issues . Please let me know how to handle it .

No OLE DB Error Information found.png

Note : This problem is with New Power BI Desktop version . It is working properly with older version without any issues .

Thanks,

Mahendar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kirby
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I tried the latest install and it's all good now

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
nisuomi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

I was facing this problem also with my cube connection. But it seems that the newest update that has come out yesterday fixes the problem. Good.

Thanks,

Niko

kirby
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I tried the latest install and it's all good now
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nsc,

Thank you very much for this! 

Hi @mahendar@kirby,

Could you please try the latest version which was released yesterday? I was struggling with creating a test data source. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No OLE DB Error Information found.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nsc
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

This has been fixed in the latest edition of the July Desktop. So download the latest version (ends with 721) and it should work fine.

regards, Niels

mahendar
Frequent Visitor

Hi nsc

Thanks for the info . 

kirby
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys

I'm having exactly the same issue. Even if I simply add a few filters to a new page, the error crops up without even adding any visualisations. This is very frustrating and has caused use to have to temporarily stop using Azure Analysis Services until the issue is resolved. The reports work perfectly when published to the Power BI service so the issue is definitely a combiation of the latest Power BI desktop release and Azure Analysis Services

Cheers

Hi Kirby ,

The issues is with new versionof power BI . When previous version of power desktop used , you will not face any issues.

Asof now we were developing reports with older version .

Thanks,

Mahendar

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahendar,

Which visual went wrong? Could you please try to recreate the visual that went wrong? Please reference these topics here:

No-OLE-DB-Error-Information-found

DataSource-Error-OLE-DB-Multiple-step-OLE-DB-operation-generated

Error-OLE-DB-or-ODBC

Getting-the-dreaded-OLE-DB-or-ODBC-error-Exception-from-HRESULT

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.