Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lsbanaag
Frequent Visitor

Next Page Navigation

I have a report with several pages and I want to be able to navigate through pages by putting buttons in some of the pages. For example, I have a page which contains details of a specific project and want to dig in to more specific details. Those details are in another page of the report. I want to be able to put a button or a link which can bring me to that page with all filters applied as the previous page. Is this possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Stuznet
Helper V
Helper V

I believed this is what you've been looking for?

https://www.wiseowl.co.uk/blog/s2585/arrow_bookmarks.htm

You can use bookmarks where you can overlay one thing over another and show or hide your visuals. So just put your "Details" behind your first visuals. When you push your button, show your details and hide everything except your slicers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can.  What you need to do is use "Bookmarks".  You put the bookmark into the action setting of the button.  Let pretend you have a report with 3 pages, A, B and C.  You would create 3 bookmarks, one for each page.  Your Next and Previous buttons would simply need to reference what is the next or previous page by putting the correct page into the action area of the button.

Bookmarks can also store filters for you as well, so you could have multiple "Next" buttons if you wanted to display certain versions of your next page.  Bookmarks can also have visuals hidden (using the selection pane), so not only can you have variations on filters, you can also vary what elements are visual for certain filter types.

Hi @Anonymous!

My problem with using bookmark is that it shows the default page with all the filters applied when the bookmark was created. I need a single button which when clicked applies the changes I made in next page. For example , I have a report page with the details of a specific project (revenue, cost, cash collection and progress). I have a slicer in this page report which allows me to choose which project details I want to see. Say I have projects A, B and C and I selected project B in this page. I need  a button which can bring me to another page to show me more details about project B. Bookmark by default brings me to the details of project A and not B since it was project A I chose when I made the bookmark.

Thanks

Hi @lsbanaag

Have you tried using the drill-through funcionality, I believe it will do as you require:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Regards, 

Matt

@lsbanaag as @Matt_Alexander suggested, drill thru is exclty designed to do this.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With buttons, i'm not sure you can. I think you have to rely on the user clicking on the tabs.

The hyperlink method is all I can suggest.  You would need to create a measure that can produce the hyperlink with the correct filters.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.