Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgwilson
Resolver III
Resolver III

Next Button to advance filter selection

Is this possible?

I have a list of customers... A, B, C, D, E

I have a page that displays customer details (i.e. one customers details fills the page).

I would like to place on that page a button that advances the the filter selection to the next customer.

Can I do this? How?

My list of customers can change. Idon't see how I can do this with bookmarks... as I'd have a bookmark and button for each customer... That would look ugly.

- David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dgwilson,

One way to do this is not to add the button to go to previous \next customer but add a button the shows\hides the slicer.

Using tge bookmark option and a button you can open the slicer and then hide it back.

There is no way of going to next record by a button since you would have to create a bookmark for every selection youhave, another option is to use a slicer for numbers that only select a single number (customer ID for example) and making it slide throug wiuk give you next \previous.

Some options if you want I can send you some examples of this two setups.

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dgwilson,

I am not very clear about your purpose.

If you want to advance the filter selection via clicking a button so that the report page can show details of each customer one by one, why do you insert a slicer from which, you can select the customer name you want to display on page?

If you want to switch across multiple bookmarks via button, please refer to this article.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

You raise a good point. I could include the customer filter on the page. I should provide more context.

Adding the customer filter/slicer to the page will take up screen space that I do not have and the filter is not part of the data being presented. I do already have the filter/slicer on another page and I am syncing the filter across pages. The pain I'm trying to avoid is for users to have to switch pages, back and forth, between the filter page and the customer data page. This is where the "next customer" / "previous customer" button would function.

Hope that provide a better explanation.

- David

Hi @dgwilson,

One way to do this is not to add the button to go to previous \next customer but add a button the shows\hides the slicer.

Using tge bookmark option and a button you can open the slicer and then hide it back.

There is no way of going to next record by a button since you would have to create a bookmark for every selection youhave, another option is to use a slicer for numbers that only select a single number (customer ID for example) and making it slide throug wiuk give you next \previous.

Some options if you want I can send you some examples of this two setups.

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hello @MFelix  I would really like to see PBI sample of the two method you are talking. The hide slicer and bookmark, and the single Select slicer. Thanks

@MFelix

I understand. Very reasonable alternatives. Thank you.

I'm also looking at using the Chicklet (sp?) filter with graphics of client logos... so a similar suggestion to your numbers.

- David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.