Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabsBI

Newer version Power BI

Hi, I'm a little stuck with the newer version, I've used older versions (2021) and when creating bar graphs for example there was a values field that made it very simple to build the graphs I'd like, however the values field seems to have been removed and the x-axis field that is displayed now do not appear to do the same thing. Is there a setting that I'm missing where I can read the values field or is there an equivalent field in this newer version.

Attached is the fields I see on the newer version of Power BI

Thanks so much for any assistance that can be provided

PowerBI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sabsBI ,

I cannot reproduce your issue.

vpollymsft_0-1661396303299.png

Please check the data type of Y-axis. Preferably the data type.

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details with your deisred output..

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sabsBI ,

I cannot reproduce your issue.

vpollymsft_0-1661396303299.png

Please check the data type of Y-axis. Preferably the data type.

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details with your deisred output..

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PurpleGate
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi, 

I have been using the newer version, and have used the values as the Y axis.

For example, I put the year in the x-axis and then the Total Revenue in the Y-axis and it plots nicely. 

Thank you for your really fast response, the issue I run into is I have multiple columns that need to be plotted but when I put them into an axis, the bar graph can only read the first column that I put in, I was trying to figure out how each column I put in can have their own individual bar in the graph.

Thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.