Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arlequin71
Helper II
Helper II

Newbie question: Display records by Week order in Columns

Hello, could anyone help me on this?.  I have the following table 

2019-02-18_17h09_15.png

and i need to address records according to week number of the month (current filtered month).  So the report table should look like this:

2019-02-18_17h03_04.png

Each record should be address to 1st, 2d, 3rd, 4th weekly forecast estimate period according to its specific date.

Ideally the number of weekly periods by month should be configurable (4 or five depending on the specific month).

I really appreciate your help in advance,

regards,

Alex-

This is the source table:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCspMzkgsSlHSUXJ0dwOS5mZm5uZAOtgFxDM0MjAwANEGUFohLTVJwcjA0FIpVge3ZlfXICBpBNNkCaGNUDU7F2UWl2TmJQJlvLw9QbrNLYyMgbS3lwdIlwlUtzE1dFuQp9vIFGK3EUX+JtPpMMvR3O6Vn5EHFHYPAdlsZGxsZAGkfby9gKQx1GaQTizRRYJOc7J1GpGVRowMDTA9GwsA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Name = _t, Customer = _t, CutomerCode = _t, Category = _t, Fcst = _t, WeeklyEstimate = _t, Date = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Name", type text}, {"Customer", type text}, {"CutomerCode", Int64.Type}, {"Category", type text}, {"Fcst", Int64.Type}, {"WeeklyEstimate", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps add a column:

WeekNum = WEEKNUM([Date])

And then another column:

WeekOfMonth = 
VAR __currentMonth = MONTH([Date])
VAR __currentYear = YEAR([Date])
VAR __first = MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table12'),MONTH([Date]) = __currentMonth && YEAR([Date]) = __currentYear),[WeekNum])
VAR __last = MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table12'),MONTH([Date]) = __currentMonth && YEAR([Date]) = __currentYear),[WeekNum])
RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),
    [WeekNum] = __first,"First",
    [WeekNum] = __last,"Last",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 1,"Second",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 2,"Third",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 3,"Fourth"
)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You need two steps:

1. Add new column to get Week number of Month.

2. Pivot the weekly forecase on the week num.

Here's the code from the advanced editor, for the desired output:

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCspMzkgsSlHSUXJ0dwOS5mZm5uZAOtgFxDM0MjAwANEGUFohLTVJwcjA0FIpVge3ZlfXICBpBNNkCaGNUDU7F2UWl2TmJQJlvLw9QbrNLYyMgbS3lwdIlwlUtzE1dFuQp9vIFGK3EUX+JtPpMMvR3O6Vn5EHFHYPAdlsZGxsZAGkfby9gKQx1GaQTizRRYJOc7J1GpGVRowMDTA9GwsA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Name = _t, Customer = _t, CutomerCode = _t, Category = _t, Fcst = _t, WeeklyEstimate = _t, Date = _t]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Name", type text}, {"Customer", type text}, {"CutomerCode", Int64.Type}, {"Category", type text}, {"Fcst", Int64.Type}, {"WeeklyEstimate", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}}),
#"Inserted Week of Month" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Week of Month", each Date.WeekOfMonth([Date]), Int64.Type),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Inserted Week of Month",{"Date"}),
#"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns", {{"Week of Month", type text}}, "en-US"), List.Distinct(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns", {{"Week of Month", type text}}, "en-US")[#"Week of Month"]), "Week of Month", "WeeklyEstimate", List.Sum)
in
#"Pivoted Column"

You can rename the columns (1,2,3,etc.) accordingly.

Regards,

Tarun

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @arlequin71 ,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You need two steps:

1. Add new column to get Week number of Month.

2. Pivot the weekly forecase on the week num.

Here's the code from the advanced editor, for the desired output:

let
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Name", type text}, {"Customer", type text}, {"CutomerCode", Int64.Type}, {"Category", type text}, {"Fcst", Int64.Type}, {"WeeklyEstimate", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}}),
#"Inserted Week of Month" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Week of Month", each Date.WeekOfMonth([Date]), Int64.Type),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Inserted Week of Month",{"Date"}),
#"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns", {{"Week of Month", type text}}, "en-US"), List.Distinct(Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns", {{"Week of Month", type text}}, "en-US")[#"Week of Month"]), "Week of Month", "WeeklyEstimate", List.Sum)
in
#"Pivoted Column"

You can rename the columns (1,2,3,etc.) accordingly.

Regards,

Tarun

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

it works!   Thanks a lot Tarunsingla.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps add a column:

WeekNum = WEEKNUM([Date])

And then another column:

WeekOfMonth = 
VAR __currentMonth = MONTH([Date])
VAR __currentYear = YEAR([Date])
VAR __first = MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table12'),MONTH([Date]) = __currentMonth && YEAR([Date]) = __currentYear),[WeekNum])
VAR __last = MAXX(FILTER(ALL('Table12'),MONTH([Date]) = __currentMonth && YEAR([Date]) = __currentYear),[WeekNum])
RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),
    [WeekNum] = __first,"First",
    [WeekNum] = __last,"Last",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 1,"Second",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 2,"Third",
    [WeekNum] = __first + 3,"Fourth"
)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks Greg.   It works just as i needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.