Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Per-Erik
Frequent Visitor

New year, slicer stop working

Hi all,

It is a new year, new data to load into your reports and new intressting Bi-statistics to look at.

Unfortunately, my time slicer has stoped to work. I cant se the year 2017 (but all the other years before). First I thought it was problem with the data (no data has income for year 2017, but it had, 975 post. Then I thought it was a date selection that didnt work correct (etc select date between xx and yy) but it was no error here either.

Then I tested to build the same report and used the new slicer from the lastest update (by new slicer i mean that i choose the slicer again, but this time with the new updated slicer from the latest release).  Then It works, Both slicer use the same data but the older one, cant show later years - please se included picture.

Have any of you users who use power bi noticed the same thing?

Must I replace the slicer in each report? I have nearly 170 reports.

Best regards Per-Erik

2017-01-04 10_58_05-KC-Svarsgrupp 1-3 - Power BI Desktop.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Per-Erik
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I solved the problem. I had to "refresh" all slicers with time/date. I did this by choosing another controll and shifted back to same slicer. It seems like when Microsoft did there last update they forget to mention that timeslicers need to manually be updated.

So I did this in all my 170 reports and after the "refresh" all seems to work again.

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Per-Erik
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I solved the problem. I had to "refresh" all slicers with time/date. I did this by choosing another controll and shifted back to same slicer. It seems like when Microsoft did there last update they forget to mention that timeslicers need to manually be updated.

So I did this in all my 170 reports and after the "refresh" all seems to work again.

Best regards

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Per-Erik

My slicers work fine with the new year. One thing to look at, however, is to be sure you have 2017 in your date table. I generally only keep a few years in mine and had not added 2017 until today. A quick way to determine this would be to create a new page within the report and add a table. Drop only your year from the date table in and see if 2017 populates with the others. If it doesn't you may need to edit your query to include the new year in your date table.

Also, check your page and report level filters. If you missed clearing one, it may prevent the slicer from populating.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hey @Per-Erik,

To add on to @kcantor's post: I would also check if you have any other slicers (like "Month") on the report that might filter the Year slicer. I had this problem when updating some of my reports of the new year.

Best,

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.