Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New user having trouble with Countif Excel formula conversion

I am new to Power BI and am having difficulty with the following countif formula in Excel within Power BI. The formula is in the Req column,  =1/countif(M:M,M2), and then a filldown function to add the formula to each row.  Here is a snippet of the table.  I have read in forums that is suggested to use Calculate, but I am not understanding how to translate this for my particular scenario. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

JKLM
1Slide CountReqAccessionFix

.25DG12345
31.25DG12345
41.25DG12345
51.25DG12345
611TE23456
71.33PW2323
81.33PW2323
91.33PW2323
101.50OP1234
111.50OP1234
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try this measure

Measure = 
DIVIDE ( 1, CALCULATE( COUNTROWS ( Table ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table ( [ColumnM] ) ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try this measure

Measure = 
DIVIDE ( 1, CALCULATE( COUNTROWS ( Table ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table ( [ColumnM] ) ) )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

THis is how I translated your recommended formula, 

Req = DIVIDE ( 1, CALCULATE( COUNTROWS ( exportdata ), ALLEXCEPT ( exportdata, exportdata[FixedAccession])))

It doesnt appear to be returning the expected values.
So if I have this Req listed 4 times in the column, ie DE1234, each occurence would be .25, so
four occurences of DE1234 = 1 total req count.

Make sense?

@Anonymous did you add my expression as a measure when you put it in the table visual what is not working, can you be more specific? Are you getting an error? Wrong result? What is it? How I will know?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2kmy apologies, new to this. I am not getting expected results. Let me try again by creating a measure. 

@Anonymous no worries, take your time, if you run into an issue, share pbix file with sample data and remove sensitive info before sharing, you can share using one drive/google drive or send directly to my email address given in the footer section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2kI discovered that the reason the output wasnt looking correct was i had an incorrect format for the column for some reason. Once I corrected that, that gave the output I was looking for . Just an awesome prompt response to my  query. Thanks so much for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank  you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.