Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New to PowerBI and need help with formatting the way numerics show

For some reason some numbers show up with multiple decimals places instead of just the ones that were entered. My info is pulling for an excel spread sheet and uses both letters and numbers so i need to be able to show both, i just want to get rid of all the extra decimal places. I'm not sure how or why BI is adding them anyways. I'v inserted a table into my dashboard in order to project the needed information.  

In the screenshot below, the 19043.0099.... was input in my excel sheet as 19043.01 yet powerbi changed it. I just need it to show as 19043.01 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can create a calculated column like below: 

Column = 
var dict=SELECTCOLUMNS(GENERATESERIES(97,122),"Ch",UNICHAR([Value]))
return
IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER(dict,SEARCH([Ch],[Invoice],1,-1)>0))>0,[Invoice],ROUND('Table'[Invoice],2)&"")

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft  Select the field that you would wish to alter the decimal placed from the field list and go to modelling >> and change number of decimal places.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.