Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

New table overview present data using slicer

Hi!

Hopefully someone can help me with the following question.

In my dashboard I use a slicer with different attributes from Table 1. I want to know whether or not these attributes are present in other tables. If they are, I would like to receive a "yes" or "true" or "1", etc. for that specific table.

To visualize:

Slicer table 1:

- attribute A

- attribute B

- attribute C

x attribute D

- attribute E

- attribute F

Table 2 | yes

Table 3 | no

Table 4 | yes

>> in this example Attribute D is present in Table 2 and 4 but not in 3. However, in the current Tables 2 & 4 there is a column containing the value "Attribute D" and not a "yes".

>> if I decide to click on Attribute C (instead of D) the "yes" and "no" values should (or could) change.

Is this possible to create?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you enter to 'query editor' to add a blank table that collection other queries' name and structure, then you can simply write a measure formula to compare current table name and attribute names.

let
    Source = #table(type table[#"Table Name"=text,#"Column Name"=list],{{"Table1",Table.ColumnNames(Table1)}},{"Table2",Table.ColumnNames(Table2)}},{"Table3",Table.ColumnNames(Table3)}},{"Table4",Table.ColumnNames(Table4)}},
{"Table5",Table.ColumnNames(Table5)}}),
    #"Expanded column name" = Table.ExpandListColumn(Source, "Column Name")
in
    #"Expanded column name"

Measure formula:

Measure =
VAR attributeList =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Collection'[Column Name] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Collection' ),
        VALUES ( 'Collection'[Table Name] )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selector'[Attribute] ) IN attributeList, "Y", "N" )

Notice: Collection means the table that stored table name and column name, selector means table that used as the source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I'd like to suggest you enter to 'query editor' to add a blank table that collection other queries' name and structure, then you can simply write a measure formula to compare current table name and attribute names.

let
    Source = #table(type table[#"Table Name"=text,#"Column Name"=list],{{"Table1",Table.ColumnNames(Table1)}},{"Table2",Table.ColumnNames(Table2)}},{"Table3",Table.ColumnNames(Table3)}},{"Table4",Table.ColumnNames(Table4)}},
{"Table5",Table.ColumnNames(Table5)}}),
    #"Expanded column name" = Table.ExpandListColumn(Source, "Column Name")
in
    #"Expanded column name"

Measure formula:

Measure =
VAR attributeList =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Collection'[Column Name] ),
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Collection' ),
        VALUES ( 'Collection'[Table Name] )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selector'[Attribute] ) IN attributeList, "Y", "N" )

Notice: Collection means the table that stored table name and column name, selector means table that used as the source of slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Check if treatas can help you

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/treatas-function

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.