cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josepcervello Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

New table on a data model: Create a measure formula that changes depending on a column string value

I created a table on power BI that takes data from other tables which has the fields:

KPI (Column)                |           Value (Measure)

Revenues                     |            CALCULATE(SUM('F_Table'[Value]); 'F_Table'[Scenario] IN { "Actual" }; M_Account[Level 7]="Revenues")

Imagine that I want to put a measure that, depending on the KPI string value (Revenues, Margin.etc), the formula changes. Something like this: 

IF ( [New_Table] KPI="Revenues"; CALCULATE(SUM('F_Table'[Value]); 'F_Table'[Scenario] IN { "Actual" }; M_Account[Level 7]="Revenues")

I don't know why... but if do it as a measure, it does not find my column to put it on the formula. Somebody could know why and if there is a way to do this? (a table that has a column that depending on the value of a field, makes a calculate or another)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New table on a data model: Create a measure formula that changes depending on a column string va

Hi @josepcervello 

You may add MAX fuction like below:

Measure =
IF (
    MAX ( 'New_Table'[KPI] ) = "Revenues",
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'F_Table'[Value] ),
        'F_Table'[Scenario] IN { "Actual" },
        M_Account[Level 7] = "Revenues"
    )
)

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: New table on a data model: Create a measure formula that changes depending on a column string va

Hi @josepcervello 

You may add MAX fuction like below:

Measure =
IF (
    MAX ( 'New_Table'[KPI] ) = "Revenues",
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'F_Table'[Value] ),
        'F_Table'[Scenario] IN { "Actual" },
        M_Account[Level 7] = "Revenues"
    )
)

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.