Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

New source file for my dataset

Hi everyone, 

I have a Dataset based on a .csv file source. I created a lot of mesure in this dataset.

Now, I have a new version of the source file, with some new columns, new names, etc...

I'd like to keep all my mesure, even if the field which are part of some mesures have a new name...

So is there any solution to update my dataset without craching my dataset?

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS : I don't know if it's clear but do not hesitate to ask more details. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi danextian, 

thank you for your answer.

I changed the path and remove the steps that made changes on old field and it works! The only thing I had to do was to adapt DAX formulas for my measures with the right names.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

You need to edit the query for that dataset. 

If I were in your shoes,  these are what I woud do:

• Go to Source step and change the path to the dataset.
  • Go to step prior to the steps that transform/rename columns which name have been changed.
  • Insert a step to rename the new names to the old names. Be mindful of the cases as M is case-sensitive.

If you can share your datasource, pbix and give a list of old and new names, that would be very helpful to everyone who wants to respond to your topic.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi danextian, 

thank you for your answer.

I changed the path and remove the steps that made changes on old field and it works! The only thing I had to do was to adapt DAX formulas for my measures with the right names.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.