Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

knclanil
Regular Visitor

New power bid desktop updated and visual group by is not working.

I have updated the power bi desktop and in new power bi desktop I have selected 4 visuals with CTRL+ clicking and right-clicked for the group by option but there is not group by option instead I got (No Available Action ) massage. Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
knclanil
Regular Visitor

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated to the october version either last week or the week before that. Seems like we have the same problem so I'll report this as an issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this is odd, the following screenshot has been taken from a "new" report created with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, 4 visuals are selected and Group is one of the actions of the context menu.

image.png

The next screenshot is showing a report that has been created more than a year ago and opened with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, and this also allows to Group objects:

image.png

I'm not able to recognize from your screenshot, that more than one visual is selected, and I'm also not sure about the visual that is marked what kind of visual is selected, maybe you might consider to share your pbix (upload to onedrive or dropbox and share the link) if it does not contain confidential data. Otherwise, create a pbix that allows to recreate the pbix and share that link.

Hopefully this provides you with some ideas to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem today. My visuals are several slicers, one text box and a shape and are all selected while holding the CTRL-key. When trying to rightclick the shape visual and save as a group I receive the same message "(No available actions)". When trying to rightclick one of the slicer visuals I receive only the "Show data" and "Copy > Copy visual" messages.

sorry to hear that, when did you updated the power bi desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.