Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rilimonv
Employee
Employee

New measure with "intelligent" measures selector

Hi!

I am working with a huge dataset and the measures I need to show (Revenue, VTF, VTB, YoY%) are all part of a "intelligent measure type selector" located within a table ("Intelligent YoY VTB VTF" table). This means that instead of selecting the measure as the value, I select this "field" and add it as a filter to my visual (or page) and then select the measure I want there.

In "Value", I have a measure of  "Sell Thru Revenue". Essentially, I selected sell thru revenue as the value and then use the intelligent measure type selector to select what I want to see (in this case is YoY%).

I am trying to create a new measure that essentially returns N/A for YoY% larger than x and smaller than y. I tried using a formula I used in the past, but i wasn't dealing with an "intelligent measure type selector":

Path to "measure type selector": 'Intelligent YoY VTB VTF'[Measure type selector]

Path to "Sell thru revenue": 'Reporting Measures'[Sell Thru Revenue]

When I am creating the measure, I can't seem to find my Sell Thru Revenue measure. What I am trying to do is something like this:

YoY% = if(CALCULATE(sum('Reporting Measures'[Sell Thru Revenue])>3, "N/A",if(CALCULATE(sum('Reporting Measures'[Sell Thru Revenue]), if(CALCULATE(sum('Reporting Measures'[Sell Thru Revenue])<=-3,"N/A",(sum('Reporting Measures'[Sell Thru Revenue]))))

This way I would have the measure, then I would select YoY% from my intelligent type selector and get the result I expect (N/A for 350% for example)

However, when I look for Sell Thru revenue this is what I am getting (see images for how the data is built and table/measure names)

Intelligent snip.PNGnip3.PNGST snap.PNG

Also, I am not sure why the 'reporting measures' table shows these names instead of what I am looking for. Is there a specific location where I should be creating the measure?

I am not sure if I am approaching this the right way - should I try to somehow include YoY from my intelligent measure selector in hte new measure I want to create?

Does anyone have any advice as to how to go about solving this?

THank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rilimonv ,

Would you please use sumx(<table>, <measure>) instead of sum(<measure>)? We can only use column in the parameter of the sum function. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/sum-function-dax

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors