Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cyrilpowerbi

New measure Countrows from filtered columns

Hello,

I have a table where a hotel id can have different room type per day and per hour of the day.

In the following table I am looking at hotel id 21496, on day 17/03/19 where the hotel has 2 rooms available between 10am and 16pm. Each line represent 1 hour of a room in my table.

I can easily get the room number for this hotel on that day: 2

The data I want to know is how many hours those rooms are available, i.e from 10 am to 16pm, that's 7 hours per room. 

I need the result to adapt to the number of hotel selected so that if I am looking at a city with 10 different hotels I can get the sum of hours available per day.

Captura.JPG

Hope that make sence and many thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I have modified my table relationship to incorporate hotel into the relvant table and now it´s working.

Many thanks again

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @cyrilpowerbi ,

The data I want to know is how many hours those rooms are available, i.e from 10 am to 16pm, that's 7 hours per room. 

If you want to know how many hours those rooms are available, you could try the measure below.

Measure =
VAR maxhour =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table1'[Hour] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table1, Table1[Room id] ) )
VAR minhour =
    CALCULATE ( MIN ( 'Table1'[Hour] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Table1, Table1[Room id] ) )
RETURN
    DATEDIFF ( minhour, maxhour, HOUR ) + 1

Here is the result.

Capture.PNG

If you still need help, please share your data sample which could reproduce your scenario as table format and your desired output so that I could undertand your requirement better and help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the info.

It working ok for one hotel as per orginal example.

However in my table I have various hotel id. 

Therefore, once I input your formula its giving me the number of hours for all room type of the database for those days.

hotel view.JPG

I´d like to have it only for the selected hotel-id.

Thanks

Hello,

I have modified my table relationship to incorporate hotel into the relvant table and now it´s working.

Many thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.