Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

New hidden slicer becomes visible on pre-set personal bookmarks

Someone shared some charts in a report I created. The report received an update earlier where I implemented some hidden slicers to enhance the capabilities of it.

Now I saw that in the personal bookmark of this person, the visual was not hidden an on top of the graphs basically removing the functionality of the report. 

Any way to mark new visuals as 'hidden' (or visible) for personal bookmarks? 

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DouweMeer ,

As I have understood the documentation,it is by design.

The bookmark saves the current state of all the filters for the current page. If you later change the report level filter (or any other filter) and navigate to your bookmark, the filters will reset to the filter state that was present when the bookmark was created or updated. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks#limitations-and-considerations 

See if RLS can meet your needs:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft 

Hello Liang,

I thought it would be better to share an example. Imagine this to be the 'initial version'. It shows a graph of count of workdays by date. 

Untitled.png

But my end user rather have this displayed by quarter. So he goes down in the graphs and sets a personal bookmark. 

Untitled2.png

Then the creater thinks, you know what? I can improve this report with a new visual showing the count of workdays and weekends. But this would be only interesting per quarter as alligned with the personal bookmark of the end user.

Untitled3.png

Going into the report on Service, it looks fine:

Untitled4.png

So my end users comes into the report and goes to the personal bookmark and oh oh. The set default value of the report is gone. 

Untitled5.png

Now the creater of the reports wants to put in a thank you note in.

Untitled6.png

So he checks the workspace to see if it went well and he sees the following.

Untitled7.png

Now the 'bad' thing. The end user goes to his bookmark. 

Untitled8.png

One giant mess. Now the personal bookmark is broken completely.

So, how do we prevent this but are still able to keep updating the report? 

Hi @DouweMeer ,

The bookmark saves the current state of all the filters for the current page.It is by design.

When the end user clicks the bookmark created by the report owner, it will redirect to the page when the report owner creates the bookmark.

You could submit your idea to help improve power bi.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ 

The alternative is to put the picture on a new page and set the action to 'page navigation' instead of 'bookmark'.

test_button_action.PNG

I hope the alternative can meet your needs.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.